So it dawned upon me that I never finished my 55 Questions About Reading Post which I published pre-hiatus and I really ought to do that so here goes. Originally done at the Literary Lollipop and read by me at Icy Cold Reads
28. Favorite reading snack?
Woodside Dark Chocolate Pomegranate seeds NOM!
29. Name a case in which hype ruined your reading experience.
The Fault in Our Stars by John Green, I didn’t love it and because of the hype surrounding it the fact that I didn’t love it has made me hate it which sucks because it wasn’t terrible, it just wasn’t amazing either, i firmly believe that there are other books out there which are better which deserve the hype this book has but doesn’t have any whcih really sucks.
30. How often do you agree with the critics about about a book?
See, I don’t tend to pay attention to book critics but with movies NEVER. I cannot get over the injustices I have seen on some sites (Namely: Rotten Tomatoes) and usually it’s because of the prejudice in the market towards young adult adaptions which is what I mainly go to see.
31. How do you feel about giving bad/negative reviews?
I have written an entire post on this topic, to see it click here.
32. If you could read in a foreign language, which language would you choose?
I would choose French because from the 4 years I spent learning it I found it to be really beautiful.
33. Most intimidating book you’ve read?
City of Heavenly Fire by Cassandra Clare, not even because of the Hugeness but because I wanted it to be AMAZING so badly and I was very worried for the safety of my favourite characters. Also the Book Thief because it cover such a powerful topic.
34. Most intimidating book you’re too nervous to begin?
Emma by Jane Austen. I haven’t read a classic in a really long time and I’m so excited o read it but concerned about being able to follow it!
35. Favorite Poet?
I’m REALLY not one for poetry, the only poem I can recall really loving is Demons Run from Doctor Who and I’m nto sure that counts, if it does then Stephen Moffet wrote it so yeah.
36. How many books do you usually have checked out from the library at any given time?
I used to have my card maxed at 15 books all the time but recently not so much at the moment, not a single one!
37. How often do you return books to the library unread?
Again, it used to be never but ever increasingly as of late 🙁
38. Favorite fictional character?
Sydney Sage from the Bloodlines series by Richelle Mead. The transformation in thsi girl is truly mesmerizing. She’s gone from a closed minded annoying little bitch to a spell-casting, vampire loving, rule breaking BAMF!
39. Favorite fictional villain?
It never specified froma book so I’m gonna go with the demon CROWLEY!
40. Books you’re most likely to bring on vacation?
Whatever I can get on my Ereader. If I was to go on holiday right now, i’d be equipped with The Revenge of Seven by Pittacus Lore and Opposition by Jennifer Armentrout.
41. The longest you’ve gone without reading?
2 weeks. Remember my bloggin hiatus, yeah that was also a reading one and it was PAINFUL
42. Name a book you could/would not finish.
John Winchester’s Journal by Alex Irvine. I feel like the worst supernatural fan ever but ugh. I bought this for the sneak peeks into the childhoods of Sam and Dean with some monster stuff but what I got was mini snippets of baby Winchester and pages upon pages of pieced together myths which are half in other language or in verse and don’t make sense and just no. I came to hear about Dean getting the impala for his birthday and to find out the story of Papa Harvelle, not for pages of latin stuff and religious mythness
43. What distracts you easily when you’re reading?
Getting called on by my parents to do things and the draw of TV.
44. Favorite film adaptation of a novel?
If I Stay. Favourite book and now favourite film. LOVED IT
45. Most disappointing film adaptation?
Does it even need to be said?
46. Most money you’ve ever spent in a bookstore at one time?
$120 – Strand bookshop in New York in July WORTH EVERY CENT!
Mum: Scarlett, shouldn’t you get a basket for those? Me: NO! If I don’t carry them it isn’t REAL!
47. How often do you skim a book before reading it?
NEVER! I love going in blind.
48. What would cause you to stop reading a book halfway through?
If the protagonist is unbearable then I cannot, or bad grammar and dull sentence structure. Also if the protagonist is like 16 and is fawing over her boyfriend who is like 30 years old. I had to seriously force my way through Lola and the Boy Next Door because even though ti was wonderful and cute and brilliant, the boyfriend thing just pissed me off.
49. Do you like to keep your books organized?
YES! GODS YES! My preciouses!
50. Do you prefer to keep books or give them away once they’ve been read?
I keep ALL of my books, nobody else is getting their paws on them and putting a book in the bin is sacrelige!
51. Are there any books that you’ve been avoiding?
John Green Books. i am constantly being told how amazing they are but I can’t get past TFiOS. I’m starting small with Will Grayson, Will Grayson because I adore David Levithans writing.
52. Name a book that made you angry.
Blind Spot by Laura Ellen
53. A book you didn’t expect to like but did?
One for the mOney by Janet Evanovich, my mum had to force me into it and I’m SO glad she did!
54. A book you expected to like but didn’t?
Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? by Mindy Kaling. I didn’t hate it but I didn’t love it either.
55. Favorite guilt-free guilty pleasure reading?
I don’t beleive in guilty pleasure reading as I don’t believe in guilty pleasures. I’m not going to feel ashamed of what I’m reading (even if the cover is cringe worthy). If I wanna read Twilight I will do it with PRIDE!