- Della is a really relate able character and her narrative is easy to follow as well as peppered with details about her life so that by the end of the book, you really know her.
- Cash, Della’s cousin is HILARIOUS! Everything will get all serious and the tension will be broken by a remark from Cash and you’ll be caught off guard laughing, I literally fell off my bed laughing.
- Regan Claire has managed to get the perfect ratio of plot and setting because while I felt well-informed about where the characters were and what it all looked like, I was never bored of reading descriptions of places, which is awesome and kept the fast pace of the novel.
- I’m not telling you what it is because it will ruin the surprise, but the fantastical element (*ba dum tss to those of you who have read it, I know, I’m terrible, it’s not that punny!!) is really intriguing and unique. At first I was really confused but upon comprehension I was astounded, it’s soooooo cool!!
- The fight scenes in this book are HARD CORE! Trying to picture it all in my head gave me a headache (in a good way) because it all happens so quickly!
BONUS REASON: DOVE!!!
How I Pictured the Characters
As per usual, I couldn’t get a picture of Della in my mind because I was seeing things from her eyes, however I did manage to capture the boys and Luke.
Enter to win a signed copy or Ebook of Gathering Water!
A Tidewater girl born and bred, Regan Claire’s first friend and love was the Atlantic. Growing up being told the legends about Pirates and American Natives common in coastal VA and NC, coupled with being an only child, did wonders for her imagination; Regan had one foot in fantasy-land ever since, a trait her dear husband heroically endures (and one she secretly hopes her daughters have inherited). Her family moved inland to Nashville while she was entering tweenhood and not a day went by that she didn’t miss her childhood playmate and her crashing waves. Nashville has her perks though, namely the love of Regan’s life and their two sweet girls. Their insane mutt-dog and the stray cat that refuses to leave their porch aren’t too bad either. Regan loves fairytales A LOT, teen movies (preferably with dancing or singing), reads entirely too much, and is constantly late.